If You Think You Have A Gas Leak
- If you smell gas in or around your property, it could be a sign of a gas leak.
- Immediately leave the area, opening doors and putting out any open flames as you go.
- Avoid creating sparks – do not unplug appliances, flip light switches, use your phone or a flash light.
- Do not smoke or light a match near your home.
Call San Diego Gas & Electric Right Away
If you believe it is an emergency or that you’re in immediate danger and cannot shut your gas off, call the SDG&E emergency number (1-800-611-7343) or 911 from a safe phone. Do not re-enter your home until a gas company official has inspected the premises, and deemed it safe to return. Alternatively, you can call us first and avoid a potential gas lockout that can be costly and time consuming to turn your gas back on. If you do choose to call us, we can inspect and diagnose the problem and provide options for repair or replacement.
San Diego residents, if you smell natural gas or suspect a gas leak, it is important to act quickly and follow these steps before looking for gas leak repair services:
- Leave the premises immediately, opening doors and extinguishing any open flames, if possible.
- Do not unplug or plug in any electrical appliances, or turn off or on any light switches. This can cause a spark that could touch off a gas fire.
- Call SDG&E (Emergency number: 1-800-611-7343) or 9-1-1 from a neighbor’s phone. Operating a telephone in your home can also cause a spark.
- Do not smoke or light matches near your home. And be careful with some flashlights, as turning them on may cause a spark.
- Do not re-enter your home until a gas company official has inspected the premises, made any necessary repairs, and deemed it safe.
24 Hour Gas Line Services
Bill Howe has over 43 years of experience and the best licensed and certified technicians in the business. We offer a number of gas line repair and installation services. Whether you want to install an earthquake shutoff valve or test your existing one, run a new gas line for an appliance, fix a gas lock out or require a re-pipe – we can take care of you, because we know Howe!
We'll Get You Back Up And Running!
Start Checking Things Off That Home Improvement List With Our Flexible Financing Options
If you want to upgrade your plumbing, HVAC equipment or have an unexpected repair, Bill Howe offers financing solutions that get you the services you need when you need them. Financing is available for a variety of services and products including equipment and installation, maintenance and repairs. Plus, you’ll find flexible, budget-friendly options to fit your individual needs.
- Access to affordable upgrades and repairs
- Low monthly payments
- Competitive Financing Rates
- Your choice of lender with a program that best fits your needs
Why Bill Howe?
Areas We Serve
- Borrego Springs
- Camp Pendleton
- Cardiff By The Sea
- Chula Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cajon
- Imperial Beach
- La Jolla
- La Mesa
- Lemon Grove
- Mount Laguna
- National City
- Palomar Mountain
- Pauma Valley
- Pine Valley
- Rancho Santa Fe
- San Diego
- San Luis Rey
- San Marcos
- San Ysidro
- Santa Ysabel
- Solana Beach
- Spring Valley
- Valley Center
- Warner Springs