Thermostat Round Up: The Nest, Ecobee & Honeywell
As we all know, in order to stay completely comfortable in your home or office during the summer, the indoor temperature must be set just right. Your thermostat serves as an indicator to adjust your indoor air temperature to your preferred setting and to ensure it remains there. Additionally, it is intended to act as a safeguard when it comes to your heating and cooling bills. If you are having difficulties cooling your indoor space or keeping it cool, there may be a problem with your thermostat. Especially if there is a spike in your energy bill, but the temperature of the room does not reflect a higher electric usage.
So, if you suspect there is a problem with your thermostat, one of our expert San Diego air conditioner technicians can come and inspect your system. We have the knowledge, skill and expertise to handle any thermostat issue. And, if it is determined that you are in need of a new thermostat, our San Diego air conditioner experts can help you choose the right one. From Nest to Ecobee to Honeywell, we have the perfect thermostat for you.
The Nest thermostat is perfect for just about any air conditioner. San Diego residents want to be able to not only heat and cool their homes properly, but save energy as well, which translates to lower heating and cooling bills. Here are some reasons why we love the Nest:
- The Nest thermostat is an intelligent system that works by getting to know its user. It will automatically program itself in just one week and create a personalized schedule just for you continuing to monitor patterns and make changes accordingly
- The system can sense when you’ve left and will adjust temperatures accordingly to not waste energy
- It’s sleek and simple design will fit into any home interior
- The system educates you on your usage so that you can make better energy decisions and know what impacts your energy bill the most. Also the “Nest Leaf” appears to let you know when you’ve set the thermostat to an energy efficient temperature
- Whether you want to heat things up or cool things down, adjusting the temperature won’t give you an immediate result. The Nest will tell you how long it will take to reach the temperature you want
- Using your home’s WiFi, the Nest can be controlled form your computer or smart phone
Learn more about the Nest on their website: http://www.nest.com/
Any San Diego air conditioner can benefit from an Ecobee thermostat. This thermostat has an easy-to-use touchscreen and homeowners can save an average of 26 percent on their energy consumption through its unique features. Here are some more reasons why we love Ecobee:
- Ecobee includes a remote feature that allows homeowners and business owners to control their thermostats via their smart phone through easy-to-use apps for iPhones, iPod Touches and Androids
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat changed the industry with the first Wi-Fi enabled thermostat in 2009, they’ve made it so easy to do this that more than 80 percent of their customers are remotely programming their thermostats
- Ecobee continues to improve their products and upgrade their software, all at no cost to their customers
- Great for residential or commercial properties, as well as vacation homes
Learn more about Ecobee at http://www.ecobee.com/
Honeywell is one of the most recognized names in the industry. There are several thermostats that can fit just about any home and preference for an air conditioner. San Diego residents can count on our experts to help them choose the right one. Check out the list of reasons why Honeywell is one of our recommended thermostats:
- Whether you want a programmable or a non-programmable, Honeywell has more options than any other company
- If a programmable thermostat sounds like it would fit your busy life (who wants to try to remember to adjust the temperature every time they leave the house?) your options don’t stop there. You have your choice of a 7-day, 5-2 day, 5-1-1 day or 1 week programmable thermostats.
- With Honeywell’s selection of WiFi compatible thermostats, the Total Connect Comfort Mobile App allows customers to monitor and control their HVAC system remotely (free apps and no monthly monitoring fees)
- Their touchscreen is not only in high-definition, but also has tri-lingual options (English, Spanish or French)
Find Honeywell’s wide selection of thermostats at http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/products/thermostats/
If you have any questions about which thermostat is right for you, don’t hesitate to contact us.
To schedule an appointment with one of our qualified San Diego air conditioner technicians, please contact us at 1-800-BILL-HOWE (1-800-245-5469).