Who is eligible?
Budding artists between the ages of 5 and 12 who are residents of San Diego County are eligible.
“Howe” do we get started?
- Have your child draw a picture and write a description to answer “How do you keep your heart happy and healthy?”
- Ideas might include exercise, healthy eating, and more. Encourage your child to have fun and be creative!
- Check out www.billhowe.com/healthy-heart-tips for kids’ health info.
What are the rules?
- One entry per child. All submission are due by Friday, March 29th.
- Drawings must be submitted on the official entry form. Entries submitted in any other format may be disqualified.
What happens next?
- Every family that enters will receive a free “Heart Health @ Home” guide by mail.
- The winners of the contest will be announced on Friday, May 10th and will be invited to participate in post-contest promotions.
- The grand prize winner of the contest will be invited to attend the 2013 San Diego Heart Beach Ball on June 8, 2013 at the Hotel Del Coronado, with their parents where his/her artwork will be highlighted.
- The grand prize winner will also receive a $250 Toys “R” Us ® gift card.
- The five runners-up will each receive a $100 Toys “R” Us ® gift card. Runners-up will be determined by age categories: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12, there will also public vote on Facebook. Learn more about the public vote here.
- Questions? Call the American Heart Association at (858) 410-3848.